Painting a wood garage door properly is crucial, but it may end up looking like a door that everyone dislikes. The purpose of this article is to teach you how to paint wood garage doors. Please stay with us!
Painting a Wood Garage Door
Follow the below-mentioned steps!
- Clean the door first to ensure that dirt and grime don’t stick to it. This may weaken the paint’s grip on the garage door.
- It appears that most homeowners dislike this step of the painting process, but it must be done. In the absence of sanding, the new paint will peel off the door quickly. To prevent this, and the garage door well. After sanding is complete, use a vacuum or brush to remove the sanded-off particles.
- Stir the paint in the can using the paint stirrer. While painting, stir often every half hour or so.
- Use the 1-inch and 2-inch paint brushes to paint the raised or recessed panels. Start at the top of the door and work your way down. Paint thin coats to avoid drips. It is better to apply a few thin coats than a few thick ones.
- The top of the door should be painted first, then the frames around the panels of the garage door. Allow the first coat to completely dry before applying the second.
- The elevated or recessed panels should be painted again with the paintbrushes. Make sure any droplets are thoroughly wiped away.
- Apply a second coat of paint to the door using the paint roller. Allow the coat to completely dry. Consult the paint manufacturer for information on the number of coats needed and the drying time.
For getting any garage door replacement services,you can reach out to garage door replacement Carrollton which provides a professional service.